Old 14-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Natalie

Default Climber ID please.

Sorry. Upon rereading, I had missed the "a bit". Yes, Akebia
quinata fits the description perfectly. It has a relative that
is sometimes grown in the UK, A. ternata, but I have never seen it.

I have this growing over my seated arbour. ATM it covered in flowers. They
are reputed to smell of chocolate, but I'm not so sure ;-)

Incidentally, A. quinata layers readily, if you want to propagate
it. Just pin down a shoot in a pot or the earth and wait a year.

Thanks for that Nick because I was wondering which was the best way to
propagate.

Natalie