Old 02-05-2009, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Fruit crop this year.

On 2009-05-02 14:07:15 +0100, Broadback said:

All my fruit trees have abundant blossom this year, great, thought I.
However I was down by an apple tree this morning, warm, sunny little
wind. The abundant blossom was fully open, but now sight nor sound of
bees, would not it have been normal for the bees to be bust setting my
apples?

Should be but as you know bees are in short supply and deep trouble.
Do you know of a local apiarist who would like to put a hive in your
orchard? They'd probably be grateful of the space and you'd be glad of
the bees.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials