Old 03-05-2009, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default growing grapes in a container

"Jeff" wrote in message

I see lots of grape plants for sale and had decided to try it without
realizing what a science it is to raise and prune grapes. My neighbor
across the street was an old Frenchman who used to have a number overhead
"trellises" under his walkways with grapes. I wish he was around now...
Table grapes is all I want...

Don't worry about the science. Some plants are as tough as old boots and
grapes are in that category. Even if you aren't the worlds best grape
pruner, you'll still get grapes if you have enough warmth for them to grow
in. And if the Frenchman could grow them in your area, you can too.