Old 02-05-2009, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Jesson Tim Jesson is offline

Default Mares tail

"Pete C" wrote in message
Thinking along same lines as vegegrower in his post, would a butane
weed flame gun have any effect on Mares Tail?
Ta
--
Pete C
London UK

I covered it for 3 years with woven plastic membrane and it has come
back as strong as ever. I think the roots are too tough.

The beds in use all have it even though I take it out by hand twice
per year!

The good thing is that if you do disturb the roots, it really sets it
back and it takes a while to get going again. That makes it easy to
remove in a dug bed.

There was one instance of it growing down to hundreds of feet (in a
surface mine in Australia) so I'm guessing it has the upper hand
unless you physically remove all traces!

TJ