Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Jesson Tim Jesson is offline

Default Effective way of getting rid of chickweed ?

"Vegegrower" wrote in message

I've read that an effective way to remove chickweed is to burn it
down
to soil level
with a small blow torch.

Provided I don't harm any of my vege crops, this seems a logical way
do it as I don't have to try and pick at the small weed stems.

Does any one have a good reason why I shouldn't do this ?

--
Vegegrower

Cheaper, easier, quicker to either hoe or hand weed. Unless you have 3
acres of chickweed that is :-)

It's an annual and is easily destroyed/removed.

TJ