Old 03-05-2009, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Please help ID this charming plant..

On Sat, 2 May 2009 Sacha wrote:

Hello,
If you can spare a moment, could you look at this:
http://tinyurl.com/c47y2t
I have these growing up in my hedges, and I think they're awfully
pretty. Can you tell me anything about them?
Kind thanks!

Kerria japonica - suckers like a demon so keep an eye on it!

Just to show you how ignorant I am I thought it was Bachelor's Button -
but that's only because that's what a couple of my friends call it!
You're right about it suckering. It's infesting my garden from a
neighbour's.

I've just googled for Bachelor's Button and find it's a cornflower.

Well, you learn something every day .......!

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk