Old 03-05-2009, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Roses

beccabunga writes

dina;842281 Wrote:
Hi Beccabunga,
I did prune my roses and today I tried to cut of the infected leaves
(I
read it is a fungal infection and to distroy them) but one of the

rose
bushes is so bad that all the leaves are infected and the only way

get rid of them is to prune the whole rose again. Is it OK to do do

it
now? I know that it is a bit late but what else can I do since I
wouldnt like to use fungicide? Thanks for your reply.

Dina

Well, you can always give it a go. Prune back to an outward facing bud
well below the affected foliage. Give the rose lots of food.

Tedious, but you can take off the leaves if pruning would leave you with
no stem.

Frankly I wouldn't hesitate to use a multipurpose Roseclear which both
deals with the pest and feeds the plant.

--
beccabunga

--
Kay