Old 03-05-2009, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Mares tail

The message
from "Tim Jesson" contains these words:
"Pete C" wrote in message

Thinking along same lines as vegegrower in his post, would a butane
weed flame gun have any effect on Mares Tail?
Ta

I covered it for 3 years with woven plastic membrane and it has come
back as strong as ever. I think the roots are too tough.

They are just too deep. However, their reserves of energy are not infinite.

The beds in use all have it even though I take it out by hand twice
per year!

Take it out as it appears!

The good thing is that if you do disturb the roots, it really sets it
back and it takes a while to get going again. That makes it easy to
remove in a dug bed.

There was one instance of it growing down to hundreds of feet (in a
surface mine in Australia) so I'm guessing it has the upper hand
unless you physically remove all traces!

Goldmine?

thinks
How much is a ticket to Oz?
/thinks