Old 03-05-2009, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default When walking about the garden with no intent. What do have incase

On 5/3/2009 9:09 AM, Bill wrote:
Whenever I walk around I carry a five inch pruning shear tool 5 inches
long only has a 1.5 inch cutting edge. Also carry a 6 inch Japanese
carpenter knife. Those are real light and my next choice a Japanese
Knife Trowel but it weights too much and remains not assessable.

So A long winded question is do you have a light tool that can do spur
of the moment work ?

Those tools mentioned could go on a key chain yet enable the hand to do
more.

Bill Place in Canada sells both.

Summer being our dry season, I leave my primary tools on my patio.
These are hand pruning shears, a paring knife, a bucket, and a kneeling
bench. (See my http://www.rossde.com/garden/tools.html.)

I like to wander through my garden daily even if I'm not planning any
serious gardening tasks. If I see a weed, I pull it. If I see a faded
flower, I remove it. Then, on the days when I indeed do serious
gardening, much of the puttering is already done.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean