Old 03-05-2009, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph General Schvantzkoph is offline

Default Predator urine

On Sun, 03 May 2009 13:42:24 -0400, Bill wrote:

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

How well does predator urine granules work? I just bought some Coyote
urine to keep the raccoons away and some fox urine to keep the
groundhogs away, have I wasted my money?. Last year I tried Critter
Ridder which was useless. I also dumped the contents of my cat's litter
box down the groundhog holes on the theory that cats are predators and
if I were a groundhog I wouldn't bet the farm that the cat urine didn't
come from a bobcat, but apparently groundhogs aren't that analytical. I
also urinated down the holes myself on the theory that I'm the biggest
angriest predator in the neighborhood, as you've guessed that wasn't
particularly helpful either.

I bought some a few years back hoping to keep the next doors pit bulls
away. But they loved it . Placed it along the fence and they rolled in
it in bliss.

Bill

Pit bulls are dogs, they probably thought the coyote was just leaving
them a greeting card.