Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default Winter Kill

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "wafflycat" contains these words:

I was hoping that the cold snap where I live would kill off overwintering
queen wasps. It would appear quite a few have survived. Mind you, as of
yesterday there is one less to breed this summer.

Wopses are our friends.

I'm hoping there'll be another hornets' nest this year.

Heathrow! Eat yer heart out!

Can't stand them. As a child I remember the screams from my brother after
some bullies had put a hornet down the back of his shirt. No thanks. I know
they eat garden pests but they are too aggressive for my liking.