Old 03-05-2009, 04:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Calculating gallons Final Answer

There are 2 formulas that give roughly the gallons of a pond:

Rectangle or squa

Length x Width x Depth x 7.48 = gallons

A Circle;

Pi (3.14) X radius squared X DEPTH X 7.48 = gallons

Measurements in feet.

The way to more accurately figure pond gallons is using salt. See Roark's
salt calculator at www.click2roark.com It is very important to know your
volume when adding any pond chemical or medication.

Thanks go to Nick, Chris, Geoff, and Hal for input, I think we have it in a
save-able form. All agree say *I*, and the rest of you... ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us