Old 03-05-2009, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman4 cineman4 is offline

Default Winter Kill

spruce wrote:
Hi all

I thought the hard winter would of cut down on a lot of the pest's.
But found my first Red lily beetle and vine weevil Saturday, plants
that normaly get greenfly in the spring yes they have them, I live in
South Wales and visit relatives in Surrey have the horse chesnut trees
been helped with the winter as we dont have that moth here where I live
yet ??.
Spruce

Hi,
I have deceased 3 Lily Beatles over the last couple of days and used a
pipe lighter on 3 leaves bearing orange eggs, So far all were on one
plant and none flew away before I got them.
Time to start with provado ultimate bug killer, a much as i am loathe to
use chemical, they aint having my lilies.
RegraCineman