Old 14-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Jane Lumley

Default Favourite Rose Books?

Keen to increase my already oversized library of books about my
favourite plants, I wondered if the erudite, brilliant members of this
group had any recommendations? What is your favourite book - for any
reason - pictures, practicalities, dreaming? I would cite the
following:

Graham Stuart Thomas, the triple-decker classic
Peter Beales, Classic Roses (though actually it's mostly in this
excellent catalogue, and the same goes for David Austin's stuff)
Vita Sackville-west, In Your Garden
and a marvellous Jane Fearnley-Whittingstall book which is a history of
the rose garden.

I also like Yates's Roses (about growing in Oz, so not relevant, but
fun) and The Search For Lost Roses.
--
Jane Lumley