Old 04-05-2009, 07:43 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Lest we forget

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

The US needs a Labor Day rather than a
Libery Day or are you all just happy to sit back and continue to be screwed
forever?

No argument at all there... the minimum wage is government set, and
especially in the current labor market employers generally don't pay more
than they have to.
The fact remains that the customer should be aware of the situation and not
take the mean-spirited "They're already getting paid to do this; I'm not
giving them any more" approach. In some places a gratuity is added to the
bill up front. Not common in the U.S. except for large groups.

If you know, going-in, that the wait-staff will expect a tip, and you go
in anyway, what are you saying but, "OK, I agree to the terms of
service". Saying that, the range of tips that I have left, range from
$50 to 1 cent (I didn't want him to think that I forgot). If you receive
less than satisfactory service, leave a less than satisfactory tip, and
conversely, if you have enjoyed your service, reward accordingly. They
could have put you next to the toilets.
--

- Billy