Old 04-05-2009, 02:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default When walking about the garden with no intent. What do have incase

"Bill" wrote in message

Whenever I walk around I carry a five inch pruning shear tool 5 inches
long only has a 1.5 inch cutting edge. Also carry a 6 inch Japanese
carpenter knife. Those are real light and my next choice a Japanese
Knife Trowel but it weights too much and remains not assessable.

So A long winded question is do you have a light tool that can do spur
of the moment work ?

I carry an Asian tool that is about 12 inches long and has a curved blade
with a serrated edge that looks like a minature brush cutter. It can rip
off small branches or dig out weeds or just cut off veg that I want to
harvest or a heap of other things. Best tool I ever bought in terms of
usefulness.