Old 14-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Bigjon

Default Wild birds

Recently, Victoria Clare uttered:

Bigjon wrote in
:

What offends me is people walking in here grinding their private axes
on a group unrelated to their particular obsession.
We don't have or need a moderator because we look after ourselves and
give short shrift to those people who try to abuse the group for
their own ends.

Rod

I think both Cats and birds are a very relevant garden forum subject,
but as you obviously dislike cats, you are attempting to troll any cat
lovers. Tough.

Um, I don't think Rod did say that. I think he was pointing out that
giving absolute numbers for birds across the UK don't relate closely to
gardening. And not helpful when posted in such an emotive manner.

The cat/bird debate always gets people riled up, but doesn't achieve much.
None of the research is conclusive, (I consider the small mammals survey
cited elsewhere in this thread particularly flawed) and individual
experiences vary enormously.

Victoria Clare
(5 cats, and pleased to report that kills so far this year = 1 shrew (and a
lot of pingpong balls))

No he didn't.
He originally posted to me:
So?
This is not an appropriate place for posts of this nature.
Lets talk gardening.

I see nothing to justify such a post,
other than either flame, troll or moderation.
Enough said.
Apologies if I offended, but I hate Usenet censorship..
--
It's all on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....