Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Was free lawnmower not running quite right

Brandon McCombs said:

Stubby wrote:
On May 3, 9:59 pm, Brandon McCombs wrote:
Stubby wrote:

Brandon, Hold the float bowl in your hand and blow into the fuel
inlet. Use your other hand to move the float up and down. This
should close and open the needle valve that allows fuel to enter. (I
assume you cleaned the fuel filter!)

Fuel comes out of the needle valve if I rotate the float bowl just the
right way. A paperclip can also go all the way up through the needle
valve so I know that is clear.

[...]

I'm at a loss.

You TOTALLY missed the point that Art was trying to make about running the
paper clip through the needle valve. It's probably WAY too large of a hole
now. A paper clip is NOT a precision reaming tool, you know. After not
running for years, there's probably a lot of varnish built up. You could
run some SeaFoam through the system, tho I doubt it will remove enough to
be worthwhile. If you really want to use this mower, your best bet is
probably to replace the carb.

And, a word of advice... Stubby is a ****ing moron. He's *never* changed
the oil in his mower (as he's stated in the past). Do you /really/ want to
take /any/ advice about engine work, from someone that doesn't properly
take care of their own equipment?

And, throw that freaking paper clip away!
--

Eggs

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused his dentist's Novocain during
root canal work? He wanted to transcend dental medication!