Old 05-05-2009, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
john martin john martin is offline

Default making your own acid feed

I have just finished putting some camellias in a half/half mix of john innes
number 3 and ericeceous compost (hoping that this is the best ratio of mix )
and I have been advised to use plenty of acid type feed.

After going to the local garden centre I'm shocked to see how *expensive*
acid feed it is for just a small packet.

I think there is iron in it so is there any way to make up a cheap acid feed
my self?

For instance use some ordinary phostogen mixed with rusty nails or brillo
pads? Thanks.