Old 24-02-2003, 11:51 AM
Karen Fletcher

Default Dandelions

Bob wrote:
: Chickens love them. My neighbor's eat them first when put in a lawn area.

Horses love dandelions, too. Our old mare moves thoughtfully from plant
to plant, nibbling only the tenderest leaves.

The trick if you're going to pull them is to get the entire root since
otherwise they'll be back. One odd implement which really does a job on
dandelions and other tap-rooted weeds like pokeweed goes by the name of
Clint's Dandy Digger. http://www.clintsdandydigger.com/

What's really nice about this gadget is that one can work standing up,
something one begins to appreciate round about middle age ;-)

-- Karen

The Garden Gate http://garden-gate.prairienet.org
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
^and cats -- Cicero
On the Web since 1994 Forbes Best of Web 2002