Old 14-04-2003, 01:20 PM
KrisHur

Default GardenWeb?

I love GardenWeb and have never had a problem with Spike. He doesn't check
every message that comes in, someone makes a complaint, he checks it out and
takes action if necessary. Someone is either spamming or using foul
language or posting OT to get kicked off. I love that, I don't want people
who are financially interested promoting their products. I don't want to
read foul language, I stopped reading rec.gardens.roses b/c of all the
trolls. And I like that he keeps the groups focused on gardening and not
politics or religion or any other crap.

B/c of Garden Web I met a few local gardeners at a plant swap and we had a
great time. So good we are doing it again! The gardeners in the Southern CT
area are having another swap on May 3--at the last one I got all kinds of
good stuff: Black Mondo grass, Geraniums, Plox, ferns, allium, Galium
odoratum, lamium, and a huge gorgeous peony. I gave away: Dr. Rupple
Clematis, Campanula punctata "Wedding Bells", daylilies, hostas.

This year I have a lot of stuff to bring as I'm changing a lot of plants. I
like that I can find them a good home rather than tossing them. I'm taking,
Centaurea montana, some mis-named bright yellow asiatic lilies, platycodon
alba and mariesi seedlings, Gailardia "Burgundy", Monarda "Scorpion" and
some dahlias.

--
Kristen
Zone 6, SE NY

"Alice Gamewell" wrote in message
So are the seed swapes at the other forums without the jerkiness of this

guy

yew wrote:

"Alice Gamewell" wrote:

Garden Web stinks.

Well, I don't have much experience with the regular forums there, but

the
seed swaps are great. Never had a problem there, and I've been swapping
seeds for many years.

Brina