Old 06-05-2009, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Systemic pesticide for roses

In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

Bayer's 12 Month Tree & Shrub Insect
Control

David, if you and you other pesticide freaks would just give the
downside of the biocides that you recommend so easily, it would make it
easier for the recipient of your information to determine if it is
something that they want to do.

Imidacloprid

ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Environmental
Precautions
This product is highly toxic to birds and aquatic invertebrates. Do not
apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present or to
intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Apply this product
only as specified on the label.
http://www.cdms.net/ldat/mp8F5001.pdf

Why don't you learn about IPM so that you wouldn't have poison the
environment to solve a pest problem, or is it just easier to throw
poison-money at the problem, because you don't have the time to do it
right?

To put Integrated Pest Management and biocides in perspective, I'd
suggest that you read
"American Pests: The Losing War on Insects from Colonial Times to DDT"
by James E. McWilliams
http://www.amazon.com/American-Pests...l/dp/023113942
X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238975011&sr=1-1

Your library should have it.

I'm still on your Christmas card list, aren't I?
--

- Billy