Old 05-05-2009, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Manners

'Mike' wrote:
How important are they?

If someone holds a door open for you, what do you say as you walk
through? Anything or nothing?

Do you rate Waiters etc as 'Servants' to serve you without the need
for a thank you?

Just a thought.

Mike

--

I would add that I find that it is the older population who forget
their 'Please' and 'Thank you'.

My newsagent's has a regular stream of children going in and out for
sweets. I have no hesitation in holding the door open for them and
telling them to come in/come out. They show manners with Thank you.

Mike

I visit my local offy regularly and see people of varied nationalitys come
in, ask for what they want, put money down and walk out without a word. Then
kids come in, fill a little box with penny sweets and always say thank you
as they leave. Some adults need lessons. Perhaps they should be refused
service.
--
Pete C
London UK