Old 06-05-2009, 07:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwin dubren sherwin dubren is offline

Default Heirloom Apples

Billy wrote:
In article ,
sherwin dubren wrote:

Steve Peek wrote:
If you have any interest in heirloom apples (you know, the ugly ones that
taste unbelievably good) you have to check out:
http://www.bighorsecreekfarm.com/ . They have over 300 varieties. I'm gonna
need more land.
Steve

Steve,

I checked out their web site and they offer four rootstocks of various
sizes. What was not clear was the possibility of selecting a
particular rootstock with a given variety. There must be a way to
do that, but I couldn't figure it out.

These people appear to be strictly organic, which is fine whenever
possible. However, certain pests like Plum Curculio, Apple Maggot,
and Coddling Moths probably will require something stronger than
Rotenone, say Imidan.

Sherwin

Shelly and Sherwin-doo, back together again. I thought life was too
sweet.

Never figured out IPM? Still spraying poisons around to pollute the
environment?

Well Billygoat,

You are obviously not competent to use these chemicals and should stay
away from them for your own health's sake.

Hope you enjoy all those apples with the worms inside.

Sherwin