Old 14-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Ednews

Default Newbie - advice please on whether to buy huge garden!

Hello,

Apologies if this sort of thing has been posted before. I've looked at the
FAQ and can't see it.

I've been lurking for a while picking up tips, but this is more of a general
question about a situation.

My wife and I are thinking about putting in an offer on a great house, but
I'm a bit nervous of the huge garden at the back - 100 ft long west facing,
backing on to countryside etc. We've been looking for a large garden, and
on paper I think I'm up to this one, except that it has a large number (50+)
of mature leylandii along the north and south borders of the garden (on our
side of the fence) which means that the southern side of the garden doesn't
ever seem to get _any_ light.

So my questions are -

(1) For a new gardener is it foolhardy to think "Those trees are no problem
- we'll just dug 'em up!"?;

(2) How does one do that?!;

(3) is it expensive?; and

(4) overall should we be put off by the garden?

Thanks for your help, sorry if this gets asked a million times a month.

Ta

Ed.
--

Get rid of the Dandruff cure to reply.