Old 06-05-2009, 11:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
someone someone is offline

Default Blue Whatizit - Wildflowers-at-Base-of-Oak.jpg (1/1)

"Radar" wrote in message

"someone" wrote in message

snip

I give up, where are you? Not Antarctica, because only lichens grow
there.
So it must be Yukon, N.W.T. or Alaska. Or Russian Asia eastwards. Go
on,
gissa clue.

someone

You're getting close! I live south of N.W.T. in central Saskatchewan,
Canada at the southern edge of the Boreal Forest. Our winters are as cold
as they are because we're more or less in the centre of the continent far
away from any major bodies of water that would influence our climate, and
all that Arctic air comes right down the middle of the continent! We had
long winter this year and our growing season is probably two or three
weeks
behind 'normal'. My Scillas and Puschkinias are just starting to bloom
now,
and tulips are just starting to come up. My forsythia's buds have just
started to show some yellow in the last couple of days, and it's usually
in
full bloom by now. I've attached a photo of the forsythia close to full
bloom, before the end of April in 2006.

Fascinating! Thank you for your reply. Here are three of my cats' graves
in the lawn, taken 27 Feb 2009. Two have been there for over 15 years.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12519030@N02/3507280638/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12519030@N02/3506472859/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12519030@N02/3507280500/

someone in N. Wiltshire U.K.