Old 06-05-2009, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Lily of the valley and Japanese anenome

On Wed, 6 May 2009 17:24:52 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Lily of the Valley grows anywhere and anyone can grow it. We have it
spreading from a border into one of the gravel paths. But it is slow
growing
and a hoe keeps it in control

Mike

Oh well that doesn't sound so alarming. Thanks.

Bob, I'm sorry to intervene here

Well don't. You don't know our garden and sorry, but Lily of the Valley is
growing almost as a weed and spreading into the gravel path. Should you to
wish your representative to come and witness it, please tell them to email
me a suitable date.

Anyone else wishing to see Lilly of the Valley growing, almost as a weed,
are also invited to come and discuss the matter with my wife, an experienced
gardener.

Also, anyone else wishing to question anything I report from our garden, is
also invited to visit us. We put the kettle on and my wife talks .....
gardens and plants and has over 50 years of gardening experience. A small
garden but a wealth of plants and knowledge.

Kindest regards to all

Mike