Old 07-05-2009, 01:26 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Systemic pesticide for roses

On Tue, 05 May 2009 13:09:31 -0400, Sheila

Doesn't Milorganite control deer too? I thought I heard that, if so
that a double good.

Don't believe it. I used Milorganite over one acre of land, and the
deer kept coming. Human hair and Irish Spring don't work either. The
things that might protect plants from deer are

electric fence
fifteen foot fence
netting
tall grass or wire mesh (chicken wire) on the ground
pit bull
a lot of deer stew

Of course, there are different kinds of deer depending on your
location. We have "mule deer" in east TN, they are large with large
ears.