Old 07-05-2009, 03:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Freckles[_5_] Freckles[_5_] is offline

Default Systemic pesticide for roses

Charlie wrote in message
On Tue, 5 May 2009 20:30:04 -0500, "Freckles"
wrote:

I just order some Bayer insect control plus fertilizer plant spikes which
seem to be just what I want.

Bayer.....patoooie and effem. Baby and bee killing bastids. I worked
for those effers for four years in the late seventies and early
eighties, (and am still ashamed to admit to being a Magic Christian
during that period) and they dealt death. Worse now.

I've been watching the organic vs. chemical debate for years. I have tried
to go organic, but with very limited success.

Then your processes and understanding were/are flawed.

The plant stakes I've ordered
seem safe enough and they are not too expensive. Much of the organic
materials I've used were a lot more expensive than chemicals and in many
cases I needed to use much more of them to get the same results I could
have
gotten with a few chemicals.

Less more, less more....."Better Things for Better Living...Through
Chemistry." DuPont (and dow and monsatano and on and on)

You don't just substitute organic "stuff" for deadly stuff to achieve
health and balance.

Your understanding of soil health and organic is lacking.

If my grand dad had tried to go organic on our farm, we would have
starved.

FKN bullshit. You don't understand organic and/or soil health.

How old are you? When was your grand-dad "farming"?

Educate yourself. Make a commitment to planetary health and view your
prcesses in that light. I'm fkn sick of excuses like, I grow stuff
that shouldn't be grown here, so I gotta use poison, or it's too much
work and expense to grow safe and healthy food. Gawd, the list goes
on and on and on......ad nauseum.

What the hell is wrong with all you chemical-head ignoramuses?

Charlie

Another ignorant fanatic heard from!

If it were not for those dangerous chemicals, as you like to call them,
there would be even more millions of people starving. than there are now.

Most, if not all, of the medicines used to combat illnesses and ailments are
dangerous, but we still take them. I guess you refrain from taking such
medicines because of their harm to the environment. Ha

Maybe you think organic farmers can supply enough food to feed the world.
How ignorant!

Besides, this is a gardening newsgroup, not an organic only group. If you
don't like what you read here, go elsewhere and stick your head in the sand
there.

In other words get lost asshole!