Old 07-05-2009, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Lily of the valley and Japanese anenome

Bob Hobden writes

"'Mike'" wrote after "Bob Hobden" wrote
"Sacha" wrote
I've yet to get LotV to grow successfully in any garden I have ever had
and by now, that's quite a few!

Thank goodness for that I thought it was just me.

Is it the variety? Lilly of the Valley grows as a weed in our garden and
is creeping across the gavel path

I doubt it, more likely the plant has some specific needs/wants that it
doesn't get in our garden. Not having to compete is one possibility.

very strong possibility I suspect. Ours is not doing well against
celandine, but it lovers all those bare bits under trees where nothing
else will grow.
--
Kay