Old 07-05-2009, 12:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Hyacinths

Anyone got any insight into growing hyacinths in the ground?

I've only ever grown them in pots in the past but this year I want to try
growing them in the ground. It's time to plant them here and we get heavy
frosts but no snow (or maybe one fall in a season if we're very lucky) or
freezing of the ground.

As long as they're planted where deer, bunnies, and other noshers can't get
to them hyacinths will grow directly in the ground same as daffs, tulips,
and other bulbs.