Old 07-05-2009, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Deter squirrels (only) from bird feeders?

wafflycat wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in message
Sheila wrote:
"Bill Smith" wrote in message
news:suilven- Can anyone suggest a low-cost deterrent which will
not harm the
squirrels but would allow the other birds (Most of which seem to
prefer peanuts to wild bird seed) to feed on the peanuts?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Bill.

Hold me back! (speaking from Formby, one home of the beautiful
endangered red squirrel....) Fetch ma gun!!

Heh, nothing wrong with squirrel casserole. You need a few though

Indeed, it's a meat I'd like to try. Tree-rat. An excellent way to
keep vermin under control. Shoot and eat.

Treat it like rabbit but it is not as strong. I usually casserole them with
garlic, onions, red wine etc