Old 07-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Gedster Gedster is offline
Registered User

Location: Milton, Abingdon, Oxon

Thanks for your observations. We have taken some advice and it appears to have worked! Which we are pleased to say.... having said that we totally agree with you that: a) we have probably distubed the muck at the bottom considerably and b) yes, we have also had a heron pilfer but that was weeks ago and they seemed to settle down fairly quickly. Anyway, all appears to be back to "normal" for now. Thanks again for your interest and advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
in the process of cleaning out your pond you undoubtedly stirred up the bottom muck
and a lot of toxic gasses were probably released which are directly toxic and also
use up oxygen in the pond.

In addition, the plants provide a lot of "cover" to fish from predators and your
removal of the cover has left them feeling exposed. perhaps you have even had a
visit from a raccoon or heron all ready. that is the chief cause of fish
"disappearance" in spring.
INgrid

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:24:16 +0100, Gedster
wrote:

Help.....!
Thanks for your