Old 07-05-2009, 03:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Hyacinths

FarmI wrote:
Anyone got any insight into growing hyacinths in the ground?

I've only ever grown them in pots in the past but this year I want to try
growing them in the ground. It's time to plant them here and we get heavy
frosts but no snow (or maybe one fall in a season if we're very lucky) or
freezing of the ground.

All you need to do is plant them about 6 - 8 inches deep. Its that
simple. Around here where we get very cold temperatures (-10 degrees
fahrenheit) they make it through the winter fine.

Last fall I planted over 100 of them and this spring they were beautiful
and smelled great too.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL