Old 07-05-2009, 04:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] is offline

Default Queer Barney Frank {or is it Barney Fife?} Wants to legalize online gambling and marijuana

Charlie wrote in message
On Thu, 7 May 2009 10:04:02 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 7 May 2009 09:46:06 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
m...
On Thu, 07 May 2009 07:57:16 -0500, wrote:

tax the hell out of alcohol like they do tobacco, and tax the hell out
of
pot too and
use THAT money for treatment. same with gambling.

It seems such a simple, commensensical solution....I guess therein
lies the problem, no?

It makes too much sense to legalize it, and our elected barnacles don't
have
the balls to discuss it.

http://experts.foreignpolicy.com/pos...juana_industry

Then there is also the, uh, suspicion of who is in bed with whom and
who is sharing in the massive tax free profit from illegal enterprise,
both south of our border and from, uh...other places.

Still....
Charlie

Even without corruption, the money hole is bottomless:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...the_money_goes

Good article. Thanks

The legal status of drugs provides an excuse slobs like these to shake
down
people for money they MIGHT be using in the drug trade:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/05/...tml#cnnSTCText

'Twas ever thus, neh?

Charlie

Yup.

More interesting reading:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...e_war_on_drugs

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...co_state/print

Welcome to the next Afghanistan. Mexico, run by warlords.