Old 07-05-2009, 06:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Systemic pesticide for roses

"Sheila" wrote:

at least we don't have to fence our new trees.

Depends on the tree and its size... fruit trees, whether ornamental or not,
are at greater risk... but after like five years the saplings grow tall
enough that the fences can be removed. I don't mind the fences, if it's
something I want to grow and don't want eaten by critters then I fence...
there'd be no way for me to have a vegetable garden otherwise. And still
there are the birds, so I also net. I'm not into conservatory gardening.