Old 07-05-2009, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Queer Barney Frank {or is it Barney Fife?} Wants to legalize online gambling and marijuana

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Thu, 07 May 2009 09:20:48 -0500, Jangchub
wrote:

On Thu, 7 May 2009 10:16:44 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 07 May 2009 07:53:14 -0500, wrote:

not to mention the valuable fiber of hemp.

actually, I hate the smell of it burning and it makes me sick as a dog,

Bummer ;-)

but this "war
on drugs" is incredibly stupid ..............

Yes, the war on drugs has always been incredibly stupid. As one of
our local shurff's deputies was telling me one day, they have very few
problems with behavior related to being stoned, unlike the violence
and other shit so often involved with alcohol abuse.

Gotta tell ya though, some drugs need eradicating. our part of the
world is meth central for manufacturing and I've seen the results of
meth use. Ain't pretty.

Charlie

Natural selection will take care of meth users quite nicely.

There is no comparison between pot and meth. None what so ever. Meth
heads are not normal people. They have a serious flaw, be it
character, or resolve, or ordinary ****youishness and
shoveitupyourassishness about themselves. They don't care about
anybody, not even themselves. I say, distribute every drug to any
adult who wants it. Decriminalize it. People are in jail, PRISON for
decades because of a few grams of pot or hash. Utterly ridiculuos.
Prison should be for violent crimes, period.

None of this will mean anything, so it's almost useless to discuss.
Victoria

Perhaps, but the discussion is becoming more public and the opposition
to the war on drugs is growing. The scale of the corruption at
governement and enforcement level is more widely known.

And yes I have a problem with meth, but.....you are correct and I
agree with the libertarian position, even though viscerally it is a
bit tough, given personal connections to the results of meth use.
Thanks for making me confront my, uh....hypocrisy (fumbling for the
right word which is evading me).

Of course, I've my recurring "overuse" of alcohol and I don't advocate
prohibition.

Charlie

As with performance enhancing steroids, some people feel pressured into
using amphetamines, i.e. construction workers, and long haul truck
drivers. Amphetamines extinguish the idiot light in your head that tells
you when you are tired, and hungry. The users end up like a car that has
been driven too far without oil.
--

- Billy