Old 14-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Sacha

Default Gardeners World

in article , dave @ stejonda at
wrote on 14/4/03 11:35 am:

In message , mick
writes
Monty Don has a degree in some subject or other ( Business from the LSE
I think) and took up gardening as a business venture.

No, he took up gardening initially as therapy. He mentioned this in one
of his Observer articles some years ago.

His early career was as a jewellery designer. I still have a pair of his
earrings! I *think* that business flopped, though I can't be sure of that.
You're right, he wrote quite a few articles about the making of his own
garden so obviously his artistic bias went in that direction.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk