Old 08-05-2009, 01:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ernie Willson Ernie Willson is offline

Default Systemic pesticide for roses

Dave,

I have to agree with you. There seems to be at least one "Dunce" on the
organic side of the argument. I will no longer be baited by this know
nothing.

EJ in NJ

David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/4/2009 10:08 PM, Freckles wrote:
I would like to use a systemic pesticide on my roses.

I've heard systemic pesticides can be very dangerous.

I've tried several different sprays and am not satisfied with the results.

Can anyone recommend a brand of systemic pesticide that is not so dangerous
to humans and pets?

Thanks,

Freckles

Okay. This thread has generated more heat than light.

On one side are the organic-only dogmatics, who can't accept that (1)
some natural, organic materials are more toxic than their artificial,
non-organic replacements. On the other side are the "the rest of you be
damned" polluters, equally dogmatic. Those of us who are pragmatists
and sometimes use organic methods in our gardens and sometime do not
have been insulted by both sides.

I have kill-filed this thread and will no longer participate.

I have kill-filed at least one participant who has a compulsion to
answer every single message, whether he can add anything useful or not;
instead, he only adds rudness and insults. I have kill-filed another
one whose prose is more toxic than anything I could mix with the
chemicals in my garage.

Two blocks from my home is a community garden with an "organic only"
rule. I don't participate because not everything I do in my own garden
follows organic principles. The people who do garden there are my
friends. They accept why I don't have a plot in the community garden.
They don't try to change me, and they don't shun me.

That's the way participants in this newsgroup should behave, not as if
they are prosylitizing for a religion. Unfortunately, several
participants in this thread have been acting as if theirs is the only
way to God.

Good-bye from this thread. NO, I'm not abandoning rec.gardens. But if
you post a message there that I seem to ignore, I might not have seen
it. News reader filters can be very effective.