Old 08-05-2009, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default courgettes potting on?

Judith Smith writes
On Thu, 7 May 2009 09:23:16 +0100, K wrote:

I pot courgettes on once there are a reasonable number of roots poking
out of the bottom - either into a bigger pot or straight into their
final 12inch or bigger pot. My impression is that they are greedy plants
which like to keep growing, so I try not to check their growth by
keeping them in too small a pot - at least until they are a productive
size, when I am limited by greenhouse space!

Do you think there is much advantage over growing in open ground
rather than say in 10 inch pots?

Lots of advantage - more root space, plant will be able to spread
better.

I grow in pots only because I have too many snails and slugs.

--
Kay