Old 08-05-2009, 06:42 PM posted to uk.d-i-y;,uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default What is it? (Garden Structure)

On 2009-05-08 08:40:42 +0100, Andrew May said:

There is a little area of my garden in which nothing has ever grown. I
have known for a while that if I dig more than a couple of inches down
I come across bricks. A neighbour tells me that this area used to be a
chrysanthemum farm and I have always assumed that these bricks were the
foundations for a greenhouse of some description. Last weekend I took
the opportunity to dig further with a view to finally getting some
garden that I can grow something in. I now think that what I have is
not the foundations of a greenhouse but am at a loss to explain what it
is.

snip

My Nurserymen husband and stepson (Essex in the past, Devon now) both
say what you have there is a bog garden. In the - er - vernacular.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com