Old 09-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Geoff Griffiths Geoff Griffiths is offline
Registered User

Thanks for the replies folks.

"try new IIRC at 3600 rpm it doesn't take much out of balance to rattle"

can you please explain what the above means (IIRC)?

I have tried to watch the blade retaining nut whilst trying to pull the cord but it's really difficult. I also turned the blade by hand but couldn't detect any non-concentric movement.

Would running the mower without a blade attached show if it's the blade causing the problems?

I have noticed it makes quite a loud 'clunking-type rattle' just as the engine stops - any more thoughts please?