Old 09-05-2009, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Systemic pesticide for roses

On May 6, 11:28*pm, "Freckles" wrote:
Charlie wrote in message

On Wed, 6 May 2009 20:19:34 -0500, "Freckles"
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 5 May 2009 00:08:50 -0500, "Freckles"
wrote:

I would like to use a systemic pesticide on my roses.

I've heard systemic pesticides can be very dangerous.

Anything misused can be dangerous. *For example, water can be very
dangerous.

I've tried several different sprays and am not satisfied with the
results.

Not all systemic products are sprayed. *Spraying can be hazardous due
to inhalation.

Can anyone recommend a brand of systemic pesticide that is not so
dangerous
to humans and pets?

There are Rose Food/Systemic products that are applied to the soil,
scratched in and the pesticide is taken up by the roots.

I use the Ortho product (Bayer makes one too) on my roses only. * I am
willing to try other remedies, that is, if there is one that I have
not tried. *Aphids are hard to control.

Thanks,

Freckles

I have ordered Bayer's systemic pesticide/food spikes.

Thanks for supporting a company that is poisoning my grandchildren and
the pollinators and a lot of other living things.

Supposedly one just shoves a spike into the ground next to the rose and it
will kill pests and feed the plant for up to 2 months.

Sprays of all kinds bother me. The thought of breathing any of them scares
me.

For Eff's sake......putting them in the water supply doesn't scare
you?

If the spikes work, I think that will be the easiest and safest way to
take
care of my roses.

Educate yourself, and/or quit trying to grow stuff that perhaps
shouldn't be grown. *Damn.

If you think you have a problen with Bayer and their products complain to
your congressmen and Senators.

Easier not to buy.