Old 09-05-2009, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wot dat plant?

In message , Ragnar
writes
I found this in my garden. It is about 9" high at he moment and stands erect
but has an offshoot at the base which is sprawling. I have another that I
found self-sown in a pot. I did have another in an indoor pot (beneath the
roots of a lemon tree) but without the purplish tinge; it grew rapidly with
trailing branches over two feet long but it died off when I tried to
transplant it. All three plants seem more or less fleshy but with the lowest
stems turning woody.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/hairyb...Gv1sRgCP3cjsP9
u_eT5QE#5333845400768381986

Any ideas? I have a vague idea it might be Abutilon but as I have never
grown this I can not be sure.

Not an Abutilon. Abutilons have alternate foliage (one leaf per node),
and palmate venation.

I think that I ought to be able to recognise this, but no name comes to
mind, and skimming a flora doesn't come up with any matches.

TIA
R.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley