Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Job Change/Go Ray!

Go get 'em tiger! You know you have a cheering section here. And there are 4
or more societies that meet fairly close together here. I'll pass on your
name and info to our incoming VP. She can liaise with others, and maybe we
can buy you as a group. I'm not in charge of that anymore, so no guarantees.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
On May 9, 3:27 am, "Ray B" wrote:
I have often thought that my "real job" has interfered with First Rays,
and how I'd be a lot happier spending more time with that...and I
suppose now I have my chance, even though I would have liked to have
transitioned into it more smoothly.

Over the last couple of years, I have had to cancel speaking engagements
left and right, have really limited stuff for sale (when you do a
100-mile commute and put in 12-hour days at the office, how do you run
an at-home business, too?)

That said, I have already had an opportunity to expand the plant
listing, and will be doing so with supplies, as well. (Folks who
subscribe to my List Update Service have already taken advantage of
that, with discounts, to boot.)

I suppose this also means I have more time for speaking engagements, but
will still likely be limited to a the eastern half of the country, at
least for now.

Wish me luck!

Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids -www.firstrays.com
Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!

Best wishes to you! Fingers crossed!