Old 10-05-2009, 12:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Briggs & Stratton engine not running smoothly

On Sat, 9 May 2009 18:07:10 +0100, robinfrance wrote:

Just to let everyone know that I took apart the fuel tank and carb this
afternoon. There were no visible problems - no out-of-alignment
gaskets, blocked tubes or visible bits of dirt, no grass in the petrol
or anything I could see.

The first time mine played up like yours I didn't spot the stuck flap
valve. Like you I just took it apart didn't find anything obvious put it
back together and it was fine, don't like "no fault found". It lasted
about 4 months, the next time I spotted the flap tucked into the hole on
dismantling and arranged things on reassembly for maximum overlap, IIRC I
haven't had to touch it since.

hey presto! It worked a dream. It now seems to be running nice and
smoothly again.

Result. Good to get the feedback.

--
Cheers