Old 10-05-2009, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Gardeners World - Blue Peter

--
..
"Alan" wrote in message
In message , BOFH
wrote
When did I miss the news release about them becoming the same programme ?

It make s a refreshing change from assuming that everyone still
communicates in Latin. Even the so called gardening experts cannot agree
what plants are called in a language that 99.999% of the British public
cannot understand.

The programme truly reflects the poor regard that the professionals in
the gardening industry have for the general pubic.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Alan I have to agree with you on that one and it has 'annoyed' me for years
how they show off that they know the Latin name for even a common plant. A
Daisy is a Daisy and everyone from a four year old knows what we are talking
about. Why chuck in a Latin name, except to show off?

Mike