Old 10-05-2009, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ferns as Weeds

On May 10, 12:02*pm, Des Higgins wrote:
On May 9, 11:46*pm, Torbjörn Svensson Diaz wrote:

Hullo!

Would ferns count as weeds? Do they prolifirate aggressively? If I
plant a lot of ferns in a garden will my neighbours be mad at me? Will
the ferns spread to my neighbours? I like fern-coated trees but if
they destroy neighbours' gardens I don't like them so much anymore.

Are there different kinds of ferns, some of which are suitable for
gardening and some of which are not?

Best,

--
Torbjörn Svensson Diaz

The only agressively invasive fern I know of in these here parts is
Bracken (also my mothers maiden name)/pteridium aquilinum. *Most of
the rest grow so slowly here that it takes quite a bit of effort to
get them going.

Horsetails are a different matter. *Just reading this post without
correct protection could be risky.

LOL.

Judith