Old 10-05-2009, 08:01 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia[_4_] View Post
Fuschia wrote:
On Thu, 7 May 2009 17:43:02 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Gary Woods wrote:
"Ophelia"
wrote:

Anyone heard of this stuff? I just had a mail from a friend in US
saying it is toxic to animals.

It is, especially dogs, but is also very unappealing to them. More
than
you ever wanted to know at:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/cocoamulch.asp

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1420'
elevation. NY WO G

Thank you, Gary

We have used a lot of cocoa mulch. The dogs and cats ignore it.
Squirrels and mice seem attracted to it and I've seen it stuck on
hedgehog spines but I don't know if any of them they actually eat it.
We have never noticed any harm to any of them.

Good!! Very good to know!
How about foxes? They are an absolute pest in a London garden and the owner is desperate. He is about to buy a rifle but so far we have dissuaded him.