Old 10-05-2009, 09:25 PM
MattB MattB is offline
Registered User

Default Alien grass patches appearing on my lawn

Hi,

This year I've noticed the emergence of coarse grass patches / blotches appearing on my lawn. The 'alien' grass seems to grow much faster than the lawn grass and looks like it should be in a field! I am not a gardening expert so I cannot tell you the name of either the lawn grass or the alien grass but the lawn was laid two years ago with high quality turf (not meadow grass turf). I feed the lawn twice a year too.

I have taken photos of the lawn and close ups of the alien grass patches and the lawn grass.

Lawn
http://i41.tinypic.com/14juvxk.jpg

Lawn Grass Close-Up
http://i40.tinypic.com/33mre2s.jpg

Alien Grass Close-Up
http://i43.tinypic.com/6idxyo.jpg

I'd appreciate any advice on what the alien grass is, why it has appeared on my lawn, and what I can do to get rid of it and to stop it reappearing.

Thanks.

Matt